Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing 15

I appreciate the insight that Rick Anderson provided on the "Come to Us" methodology of library services. Being an elementary school librarian, it is imperative for me to encourage our students to try first, ask a friend, then ask an adult. My purpose in doing so is that I want them to help one another with all information literacy skills whether they are working with an online database or a print resource.

I had the pleasure of hearing Michael Stephens at TLA this past year. His forward thinking approach to implementing technology into our libraries is imperative. I learned quite a bit from him at TLA and agree that we are trendspotters. The 23 Things has certainly helped me with current trends in technology and how I can best use them in the library world. However, I am concerned because it can be quite daunting to keep current. I will make a concerted effort regarding technological advances for myself so that I can ultimately better serve my students...all 744 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment