Friday, August 7, 2009

Thing 19

I am hooked on I'm Cooked!!! Being a self admitted food junkie, I am so excited to find this wonderful resource. I have always wanted to cook Tofu and think that I have actually found a great video that I can going to try. It is so nice that I can watch the specific preparation method in such a short amount of time.

A great compliment to I'm Cooked is the Cocktail Builder! Alas, these are not tools to use in the library. So, in looking at the Web 2.0 Award list I can see that there are several with which I am already familiar and use on a regular basis: Delicious, World Cat, Craig's List, Monster, Geni, Twitter, Facebook, Google Blog Search, Flickr, and You Tube.

The one page that I would like to try using in the library and/or classroom is Lulu. It would be great to help our students see themselves as authors and what better way than to go through the process of writing, editing, revising a story of their very own! I realize that the cost of such an endeavour is prohibitive in the school setting, but you never know what you could come up with as far as donations or even a grant!

No comments:

Post a Comment